Darren Till has called out Manchester United’s Jesse Lingard for using ‘s****** tactics’ in an Instagram post.
With the world on lockdown due to the outbreak of COVID-19, sporting events around the world have been either cancelled completely or put on hold until further notice.
The Premier League and the UFC are just two of the major sporting organisations to have stopped business as the pandemic escalates and it seems as though boredom is setting in.
A popular challenge on social media has seen users around the world practice kick-ups with toilet paper – making light of shoppers going overboard on hoarding the product.
Manchester United midfielder Lingard posted a video of himself attempting an overhead kick with loo roll, before editing in the product bouncing off different walls and objects in his plush mansion.
And while Lingard’s 6.6 million followers may have enjoyed the sketch, it seems as though the devout Liverpool fan Till was less than impressed.
The UFC middleweight wrote: “Jesse Lingard posted a video kicking a bog roll all round the house saying ‘’’haters will say it’s fake‘ well let us the haters comment on the video to spread out hate instead of limiting comments on your post, s****** tactics they are.”
It seems as though the England international has limited comments on his posts, so as to regulate what is said and limit the amount of abuse he receives.
But proud Scouser Till clearly wanted to let Lingard know exactly how he felt about the video and has never been afraid to let the world know exactly how he is feeling.
Since being locked away in self-isolation, the 27-year-old took the time to joke about how much weight he has gained from snacking.
And the man he is set to face on August 15 in Dublin, Robert Whittaker, simply replied to his rant, ‘what dip?’
The former welterweight contender made the move up to middleweight last year and beat Kelvin Gastelum on his debut in the 185lbs division.
However, UFC events are currently on hold right now, though the Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Tony Ferguson at UFC 249 is still going ahead, according to Dana White.
The organisation’s president said a new venue has been found and it will go ahead on 18 April as planned.
Asked which location has replaced the Barclays Centre in New York, he said: “I’m not ready to tell you yet.”